Pages

Monday, July 9, 2012

Missing In Action

Hey folks! Long time no see. About 2 months actually. I had a bit of 'all work and no play' the last few weeks. It started right around Adepticon and didn't stop until recently. The company I work for has been restructuring, getting rid of the fat and making us bigger and leaner. I just finished a grueling project which I think turned out better than I expected. Here's hoping!  Anyhoo, enough about life and on with the hobby!

Adepticon- Overall it was quite awesome as usual. I saw a lot of great miniatures, tried out new games, and took lots of pictures! I attended a few seminars for the first time which were cool. I learned quite a bit about painting- including a nasty habit that many veteran painters do. I will definitely do this again next year.

My favorite game, Infinity, had its first tournament there and had a pretty good turn out despite the lack of advertisement. Some weren't aware of the tournament and some knew about it but didn't know where it was held- myself included. It probably didn't help that it was held on the last day at 8am either.

 A couple things did bum me out, though. First, was the swag. While it was still a nice modest bag-o-stuff I didn't register early enough to get the really cool stuff. I can only blame myself for this one. Second were the crowds and space. It felt like the convention got too big for its venue. The vendor area was way too cramped and the seminars I went to were held in the actual hotel rooms.

Meh.
Whoa!
Check out the rest of my pics of Adepticon 2012 and Crystal Brush here!

Infinity- Well, my hobby New Year's resolution's thrown out the window.  I've doubled my Ariadna and picked up 2 more armies.  I found a couple of great ebay listings and was able to pick up a modest PanO and a Yu Jing starter for an awesome price.  I'm a happy camper.  Now I can provide an impromptu demo/game if any of my friends are curious about the game.


I also got to play a few times recently at a new gaming store a buddy told me about.  Nice little store.  Even stocked a bit of Infinity.  Anyway, I don't want to jinx myself but I think I'm getting more comfortable with the rules!


Warhammer 40k 6th Edition- Before this new edition was released there were quite a few players that migrated from 40k to other games like Malifaux, Dark Age, Dystopian Wars, and Infinity.  Now that 6th is finally out will the players return to 40k or stay with the smaller games?  Definitely a test in the coming months for all the games.

No comments: