Pages

Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Priming for Winter... or Not

Haven't been painting much. Life stuff. Work stuff. Anyway I'm thinking I might need to start priming any miniatures I plan to paint before winter comes along. Fortunately I paint slow so I don't really need to prime much. :P Then again I already have plenty of stuff ready to paint. :P :P

Possible priming contenders if I choose to prime:
20 Empire Spearmen
16 Empire Handgunners
an old WE Treeman
30 Clanrats with spears.

I've started basecoating my 6 Globadiers. I'll post pics when I've basecoated the whole unit. Like I said I just started.

I had this idea of a simple conversion for a weapon team in the back burners for awhile now. I think I have all the bitz to put it together. With another UE painting competition coming up I should aim to finish it.

I still haven't figured out as to what Battleforce/Battalion set I should pick up. Here's what I've come up with so far...

1) Space Marines- Solid choice if I've got nothing else to choose. Probably go Black Templars if I pick them. Then eventually get a Crusader Land Raider (drools).
2) Orks & Tyranids- Although there are some great minis in their line, I don't think I can handle another horde army. However, I wouldn't mind picking up those Black Reach Orks sometime in the future.
3) Imperial Guard- I guess this could be categorized as a horde army as well but I've been really wanting to make a Cobra (yes G.I. Joe) themed army for the longest time. It would be a good excuse to finally start one.
4) Tau- Not enough minis I like to jump into. I only like the Piranhas actually.
5) Dark Eldar- I never had an interest in the army to be honest. Not even an inkling. But after seeing some of the new sculpts that have started to trickle in on the internet I am quite intrigued. Eh, I think I'll end up liking some and hating the rest much like the Tau.
6) Empire- I have units already from the previous starter set as well as the current army book. It would seem like the obvious choice but I really hate GW dropping the Pistoliers from the set. It would have been a no-brainer I think. Now I'm not too crazy about the set.

The rest of the armies either has little to no interest from me or there just aren't enough minis I like in the army to justify getting a Battleforce/Battalion set. After writing this it sounds like I may be leaning toward IG after all...


Nope, still not sure.

No comments: