Pages

Monday, October 25, 2010

Pinball Expo 2010

Went to Pinball Expo over the weekend. Yes, pinball machines. Yes, with the silver ball and yes they still make them. :) It was held at the Westin in Wheeling again. Had a great time. Got to meet old friends and even made new ones. Of all the times I went to Pinball Expo this was by far the most entertaining.

Thursday, for the first time I actually went to most of the seminars. Overall they were pretty informative. Later that day I invited a couple of old gaming friends that I haven't seen in awhile, met at my first Superdawg for dinner, and played 'til about midnight. Oh and completely out of the blue, someone gave me a bottled present.

Friday, was more of the same minus the seminars. Not as much gaming but whole lotta people were there- a nice young crowd even. Always nice to see that. Stayed around until 1AM. I would've stayed a little longer but my feet were killing me.

I went back Saturday night for the banquet where Python Anghelo- famous artist in the pinball community- was speaker. Heavy on the accent, maybe had a few to drink, and possibly the longest speech in expo history. Started clean and got really 'colorful' towards the end. He was definitley the highlight of the night.

Like previous expos Thursday and Friday were the best times. Thursday is great because there aren't that many people so you can play the games. Friday is great because that's when the crowds, young and old, come in. By Saturday a chunk of the machines were sold and packed away. Same goes with the merchandise. I waited too long to pick up a couple of souvenirs.

I wish I had taken more pics. Always next year I guess...

No comments: