Pages

Sunday, September 26, 2010

OMG!

Holy crap I can't believe I won!

Battleroad Games and Hobbies recently had a logo contest on Dakka Dakka and posted the winner yesterday- me. Yay me!

Hmm, now I got to figure out which Battleforce/Battalion set I should get. I've been a Skaven player (ok hobbyist) for most of my life so I think this would be the perfect time to test new waters, maybe even try 40k... but I doubt I'd play it. So overwhelming, I can't believe I'm stressing over this. Any suggestions? I'm totally clueless right now.

EDIT: If you want to see my entry check it here at their blog site.

2 comments:

Mike Howell said...

Grats, and that is a *fantastic* logo. I may just commission you directly if I ever need anything!

I was a Skaven player (or perhaps more hobbyist) for several years before trying the 40k waters, and I've found the minis and even the game to be quite enjoyable. Orks are a lot of fun for conversions, and Space Marines are great for really high quality paint jobs.

gmarksthespot said...

Thanks! I was a little lucky with that contest. I had a pretty clear idea in my head as to what I was going to do.

Initially I was set on either Empire or Imperial Guard but I noticed that GW changed the contents sometime ago. No pistoliers for the Empire and no Leman Russ for IG.

The Space Marines set seems to come up pretty often for playability and value.