Pages

Thursday, January 20, 2011

*Cough* *Cough*

Sorry, I haven't been posting much. I was sick for a week. I pretty much slept through New Years. Since then I've been recovering and catching up on some missed work. A LOT of work. Swamped really. You'd think I'd do some painting while I was sick at home. Nope.

I saw that GW released more new Skaven goodies- 2 weapon teams, 2 special characters, a 2-in-1 box kit, and the Abomination. All pretty good although I'd imagine the Warplightning Cannon/Plagueclaw Catapult kit and the Abom are the most useful of this wave. The 2 weapon teams, the warp-grinder and doom flayer, while both are really nice sculpts seem like they are least used of all the weapon teams. The special characters, Ikit and Tretch, are also nice figs but how often do we really use special characters? Still, all nice and I'd buy them all if I could but I'd probably just buy the Abomination and maybe the WLC/PCC soon after. Right now, though, even before the models, the thing to get I think is the Skaven Heraldry book. I'm surprised the Skaven got this before the usual suspects like High Elves, Orcs, and Dwarves. I need to grab a copy before they go out of print.

I recently picked up a ticket to go to Adepticon this year. I went two years ago and loved the swag. Almost worth price of admission. Should be really cool. This may sound lame but I didn't sign up for any tournaments. I was never big on tournaments and lugging around my army from table to table. I did sign up for a couple of seminars though which will hopefully help my painting. :)

I think I'll also attend Gamesday this year and actually consider entering Golden Demon. Zoiks! Yes I know, I don't what is coming over me. I have an idea as to what to do and it's a bit ambitious... especially for me. I better not break under the stress! I guess I should start soon then. Win or lose at least I'll get the Skaven Gamesday mini.

Anyway, in the following days or so I should be back to normal with the usual updates. Laters!

No comments: