Pages

Thursday, April 14, 2011

Skaven Update #30

Okay, here's what I've accomplished so far...
gutter unit #1
 
gutter unit #2 with a deathrunner
These Gutter Runners have been a real chore for me. I thought that these would be a quick paint considering they are mostly black. But, the longer I painted them the less motivated I became. Part of it is the sculpt; difficult to paint around. I think this is as far as I'm willing to go with these guys. I'm happy with the simple color scheme so let's just call them done and move on shall we? I doubt I will ever field 2 units of 10 gutter runners- maybe 2 units of 5 at most. I just wanted to build as many as I could. Still painting the Warp-grinder. Hope to get this done soon. I'm not quite sure what's next on my Skaven plate. The night runners were suppose to be next but seeing how long these gutter runners took I might have to take a break from the models. My 'to do' rat list is always growing but on the top of list are:
1) Screaming Bell and unit: Originally I was going to update this clanrat unit by repainting the whole unit and then updating the bell by adding the large 60x100mm base. I even had a couple of ideas to fill up the enormous base that the bell would be on. It would've have been a nice project to work on but after seeing the great armies at Adepticon especially the Skaven in person I started having second thoughts. Right now, I still want to repaint the whole thing but instead keep the old 40x60mm base and officially retire/shelf the entire unit.
2) Rat ogres: Varying degrees of completeness. Where to begin? The old Boneripper mini would be the master bred in the unit but I need to make a special base for it. Not sure what though.
3) Giant rat pack: Another unit with varying degrees of completeness. I do want to add a unit filler in the unit, hence the empty 40x40mm base.
Decisions, decisions.

2 comments:

Mike Howell said...

It's coming along nicely! I have the same mix of old/new models, mismatched bases, and even Boneripper as a master-bred. What I don't have is that 6th ed Screaming Bell, and yours looks great!

Keep it up! The gr's look fine... don't sweat it. Call them done, say you'll go back and clean them up someday and then never do it. It's a miniature wargaming tradition.

gmarksthespot said...

Thanks Mike and I appreciate the encouragement!