Pages

Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Weekend Project: IoB High Elf Mage DONE!!!

Well I wasn't able to finish on Sunday like I planned. A bit ambitious I guess. But it's 99% done and I think I'm fine with that.



I had the hardest time figuring out how to paint the globe on the staff. I redid the freaking thing like 4 times and just settled with what I have now. I was so frustrated that I didn't even do the back side. Ugh, I know that'll gnaw at me for a while. The next hardest were the gems although they came out surprisingly well, better than I anticipated. I was really dreading them. Overall it was a pretty fun experience. I learned a lot: skin tones, painting new colors like blues and whites, and gems. I even tried glazing- fancy! Damn these elves. I can definitely use this when I start my Empire army... whenever that'll be.


Anyway, hope you like and now back to my rats!

No comments: