Pages

Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Mini Break Update

Well I'm done with my little side project, for now. The Lupines are table top worthy and if my gaming group will play more often I'll go back and work on them some more.
Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket
I'm happy with them. They turned out pretty good I think.

Also did some doodling over the weekend. Been awhile since I put pencil to paper, felt a bit rusty. Pencil and Photoshop, 6-8 hours in a span of 2 days.
Photobucket
I've had this idea for quite some time and wanted to make a conversion of it. But, seeing as how I work at a snail's pace when it comes to this hobby I figure I should just draw it. Based off of the Jai alai's cesta I thought it would be cool for a Globadier to use one to lob globes with. I imagined this version of a globadier as part of a weapon team: the lobber and the globe handler. I should go back and finish the second skaven :P

C&C as always!

Now off to paint more Skaven!!!

3 comments:

TrekkerYu said...

Good stuff. Did you try any sketches of the Globadier actually hurling a globe? Could be a dynamic looking pose. I forget - do you use a tablet? The detail you've done would be difficult with a mouse I would imagine...

Are you planning on doing any more Lupine stuff? Maybe someday you'll do a good-guy army. Like Empire or something :P

What's next for Skaven? Just think, the next UGG RTT will be sometime in July...from the progress you've made, you should have a plenty of fully painted minis!

gmarksthespot said...

I just wanted to put the idea down on paper first to see if I liked it. Hurling the globe would be a nice drawing to do next though! I used a mouse. No tablets. It's not that I'm against them I just can't afford one! :P

I'm done with the Lupines for now. If anything I'd add more details to them. Unless we play fairly regularly (as much as Warhammer- which isn't a lot) I don't think I'll be devoting much time on them. They are good enough as is I think. Ha, I'll start an Empire army as soon as I finish a 2000 point Skaven army... whenever that will be.

What's next for Skaven you say? Well this month I'm participating in an UnderEmpire monthly painting competition. So I'll be working on my entry for the most part. Good news is I got a lot of it done over the weekend. Working on the details now.

As to what is next to add to my Skaven army, I'm not entirely sure. I'm leaning towards a unit of jezzails at the moment. Another unit of giant rats or a plague monk unit + censers are also a possibility.

gmarksthespot said...

The next RTT? Can't we just play for fun? :)