Pages

Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Skaven Update #6.1

Small update. Really small.

I finally picked up some cork to use on my Aberration base. It's almost done. I still need to add boils.

I also finally assembled some Empire infantry... which will technically be my second army.



Next on the list is to base a unit of giant rats and finish assembling/basing 2 rat ogre packs. Once they are done I can probably start priming the bunch. However, seeing that it's winter and it's crazy cold outside, I doubt I'll be doing that anytime soon. Sooo, I'll be either assembling/basing more minis OR paint the stuff I already have. Choices, choices, choices...

2 comments:

TrekkerYu said...

Look at you - progress on the mutation AND empire?!? Nice!

The Abomination is coming along nicely. The cork is very interesting. What's the best way to paint the cork? Do you have to coat it with glue first or something?

What type of color scheme are you thinking for your Empire? How long before you'll be able to play 1500?

gmarksthespot said...

Haha thanks!

Good cork question. Not sure. I was hoping a good prime would do the trick. I guess I'll find out soon enough!

I'm going waaaay easy on color scheme: black with white and red as secondary colors. Going for the Nuln theme here. Although anything non-Nuln would have a different color scheme like knights or greatswords I'd imagine which could look cool.

On a side note, if I had jumped on the 40k wagon I'd also have gone black picking the Black Templars as my army. :)

1500?! Haha, I can barely put 900 points worth of painted skaven onto the table. I'd feel really guilty picking up more stuff when I already have stuff that needs painting.